background

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've been MIA

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that my family is finally home from our evacuation from hurricane Ike. We boarded up our home and headed to South TX. to get out of the path of the storm. We were very lucky to be able to stay in comfort at my in-laws. Our house finally got power yesterday and we packed up and came home. We had some minor damage to our home but nothing compared to the devastation that so many families have encountered. We consider ourselves blessed. My heart goes out to those who have lost everything.
Most of today was spent getting food and supplies for our home and ripping out soggy carpet. I have promised myself that Saturday will be my day to catch up on all of my photography business. Sessions that were scheduled last weekend will be re-scheduled very soon and photos that were ordered should be coming in again shortly. I found out today that my lab held my prints till after the weather calmed. Our phone and Internet service is up and down at this point and I just wanted to let clients know that I will be trying to contact them on Saturday or Sunday. Those of you who have sessions booked this month on the beach.... guess what? Yep, they have been canceled. We will work something out.

No comments: